Friday, March 14, 2008

Test anxiety in two generations

Three midterms in the last two days.... I think my brain might explode.

I also had two other classes. But I did get some good news. I got an 89% on my math midterm taken last week. I studied the most for that one. That class is a constant reminder of what I don't know about math. It gets draining. What I will do, is take my humiliations and learn from them.

Spring Break starts.... NOW. Although I have project after project and an HOUR presentation to give the week I get back, today I am just resting. Many people don't get completely restful days so I am grateful.

Tara just came home from school and told me that she had a math test today and didn't understand any of it. It's safe to say that I can empathize. She said she asked for help, but didn't understand her teacher's help and then went back to her seat and answered "no" on every problem. This is not typical of her. She's an excellent student. It must have been so frustrating to not know what the heck to do on a test even in the first grade.

Tara and I will lick our wounds this weekend and play webkinz. Retail therapy anyone? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You got through it! I feel bad for how much work you had during spring break! It was more like spring nap and it was over!!