Saturday, March 14, 2009

Tara cheers me up

My mom is out of the hospital and has had a chemotherapy treatment. She's had quite a few complications including blood clots and fluid buildup.
She is weak but hanging in there.

On a lighter note, I missed my blog and felt like remembering some cute things Tara said lately.

When visiting my mom in the hospital, Tara took a play doctor kit and began working on my mom's stuffed animals. At one point she loudly proclaimed "Quick the bunny is sick; we need to give it VCR!"

Then yesterday Jay bought the girls some Sunny D with the pull and sip tops. Tara was so excited and didn't know what to call the top thingy and said, "OOOh Daddy, you got the sucky kind of juice!"

5 comments:

rebecca said...

You and your mom sound incredibly strong. The VCR procedure is really funny. Glad you are finding little gifts of laughter along the way. Still holding you all close in prayer.

Anonymous said...

We're thinking about you! I love the VCR story!

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and wishing there's something I could do. Please think about it...mostly I'd just like to sit with you and talk and give you moral support. And, of course, visit your mom. Let me know.....:)

Amelia said...

Just checking in...
Hope everyone is hanging in there.

Anonymous said...

Haha that one still gets me: "we need to give it VCR!"