I formally applied to Kent for a masters of education degree. There are a lot of steps involved. But Jay said to do a little every day and it won't seem so overwhelming. That's good advice.
I am such a dork. I was bending down to get some paper in our desk and bashed my nose on the chair really HARD. I couldn't speak at first because it hurt so bad. Now it's bruised. If it didn't hurt so bad I would laugh at the strangeness of it. But it isn't funny yet. Well, maybe just a little. :)
Tara's school called and said she is "borderline" for needing speech therapy. But she is one of the younger kindergarteners (6 in May) so they sent home stuff for her to work on with us first and will evaluate her again at the end of the year. She says things like-"I wuv you Mommy, and I weally wuv woy (Roy)." Otherwise, she is doing fabulous this first year of her school life. Her kindergarten school is closing at the end of the year due to failures of levies. I am glad the girls got to go to this school but feel bad for the little ones who now have to go to other schools where they may not get as much attention. The system seems broken.
Jay was helping Emily with a book report where they had to use a can. Well, he was smoothing out the edges- you know for safety. Don't want Em to cut her hand. You guessed it.... he cut the inside of his hand while doing this. Our kids are fine. WE are the ones who are so accident prone. Goodness.
Happy Friday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
being barely halfway through my part time grad program (master of social work at Pitt), i am probably not the person to talk to about the overwhelming process. I just keep thinking about all of the great options i'll have in my career when I finally do have the degree. that keeps me motivated.
I keep thinking the same way, too Bec. That's wonderful that you are halfway through! Great jobs, great jobs.... that will be our mantra.
Post a Comment