Wednesday, February 28, 2007

trying to get info...

I called Kent State and the Department of Education today trying to pin down info. It was like the proverbial nailing Jello to a tree thing.

Me (telling new person my questions...)
Them: "Hold- I'll transfer you."

Get cut off
Call back

Me: telling new person my questions...
Them: This is not the right department...
New Them: "Yes, we are the right department... can't answer that. Don't really know."
Me: "Who knows?"
Them: Hold I'll transfer you...
(Voice mail of them - I leave a message knowing they won't call back.)

Me: *mini meltdown.*
Me: I will not give up. I will not have a bad attitude. I WILL find answers.

Time elapse: 2 hours.
Me: more info now and an appointment with the seemingly all-knowing all-powerful ( not really - no disrespect to God disclaimer ) advisor.
Me: Well I do know more than yesterday. I've got to keep that in mind.

Is it just me or is the red tape and misinformation and office apathy REALLY annoying and potentially costly. I almost signed up for a program today that would have led nowhere. Why is that even an option??????

If you read all of this then you really are a friend. Sorry if it is whiny or confusing. I do feel strangely better though. :)

3 comments:

Missy said...

You are halarious! Even though I am sure these conversations weren't the least bit funny while having them. I am sorry there is so much red tape. Just think how much it will all be worth it when you have the Master's diploma in your hands. By the way- I am SOOOOO glad you are blogging!

Joann said...

Thanks Missy

Bald Man Tom said...

Sorry you had a bad experience with the school. It's like they're the Barrier to Education. Hopefully things'll smooth out for you soon :)