Sunday, March 25, 2007

Jaytime II

Hey Blogville, it's JAY (the dark side of us!). Well today we tried to let Millie spend time outside, on a metal cable tied to a stake. Millie immediately wrapped herself around a large oak tree - not to the point of respiratory distress or anything - but just to the level where she sat there looking like a stuck dumb-dumb.

Most people would solve this by moving the stake to another part of the yard. Not I. See, I'm gonna cut that tree down.

It was one of those manly-movie moments, where I looked up and boldly told that oaken giant that this town ain't big enough for the both of us.

I have plans to rent a 20" gas chainsaw and a very tall ladder and gradually saw the tree into pieces. Of course, I have NEVER once used a chainsaw and I really don't know what I'm doing. But I do have lots of testosterone. Sometimes that is all one needs to change the world. Or get brutally injured.

HUGS TO YA ALL! (while I still have both my arms).

8 comments:

Joann said...

Someone help him and his testosterone-driven idea of cutting down our 200 year-old tree! Help! (whimpers fearfully in the corner- the corner of the house not facing the tree,though.) :0

rebecca said...

now this impulse to cut the tree down can't possibly be just from the dog getting wrapped around it. or is it?

Joann said...

Hi Bec. No, the impulse isn't just because of Millie. The tree is one of about 9 big oak trees around our house. The leaves, sticks and branches are overwhelming at times. All our neighbors like manicured lawns and put the pressure on us to never have any leaves on the ground.
It costs too much to have it done by professionals. But, Jay doing it makes me nervous!

Anonymous said...

To quote Spongebob, "Good luck with that!"

Jenny

Joann said...

You are too funny, Jenny!

Anonymous said...

One word Jay - NO!

no no no no no!!!

Hopefully you're just kidding about cutting down the tree yourself.

But, I worked with a youth whose uncle, a PROFESSIONAL tree cutter, was killed in a work accident.

I don't want to be mellow-dramatic, but please...put the chainsaw down and slowly back away!

Because if you get killed - I will personally dig you up and slap you silly!!!

Shawn

Joann said...

Jay is rethinking his decision. No worries.

Anonymous said...

Good News!

S