Sunday, August 3, 2008

Take me out to the ball game

Emily waiting for Tom and Sheri to arrive while sitting on her dresser.

So excited to see them!

Last week Tom and Sheri took the girls to an Akron Aeros game. They had so much fun. Thanks Tom and Sheri. There was much discussion of what they ate, the Jeep ride, getting their hats autographed and getting a foam finger and not as much about the actual game. "Who won?" I asked the girls and they stopped talking about the pretzels and dipping dots long enough to go, "What? Oh, we did." That just cracked me up. I am sure Tom and Sheri spent a small fortune on feeding two growing girls at the game. Tara fell in deep love with dipping dots. She may never be the same. Hee hee. Tara came in later that night and said that Tom and Sheri bought them both pretzels. "We didn't even have to share one!" Tara was very impressed with that. :)

It's off to the Cleveland Zoo tomorrow. The kids might watch the animals. More likely they'll talk about their lunch. :)

3 comments:

Bald Man Tom said...

Oh, jealousy abounds! I haven't been able to make an Aeros game this year, and it doesn't look like I'll be able to. Glad they had fun. Did they at least eat hot dogs correctly? :)

Joann said...

Tom,
I read your entry about baseball and cracked up. It was so funny!
They did have hot dogs but not as condiment laden. You, my friend, are a crazy man. Your stomach just screamed out for mercy.

Anonymous said...

Yeah Tom H. you are the original humor-blogger! That stuff ruled.

And I was glad the girls got to see the Aeros that day. They still talk about it with fondness.