Friday, June 1, 2007

my new specs are freaking me out


Ok it doesn't help the 'ole self esteem when the love of your life keeps taking your picture and saying, "No, that's not a good one. Nope, you look too red in that one. Each one has a fatal flaw." In his defense, and he needs it, I am notoriously unphotogenic. It is God's little joke. He makes me love photography but then makes me look really weird in photos. Triple chins come out of nowhere. One eye slightly crosses. Whatever. :) But I wanted a picture of me in my new glasses to show.



Anyhoo, I got my glasses today. The optician was surprised they were my first pair due to the prescription strength. I did have glasses a long time ago but I never wore them and lost them. But because of this prescription, the world looks really weird to me right now. Jay keeps laughing and encouraging me at the same time. The ground looks like it is coming up at me. I swear a sign looked like it was following me. Jay was snickering and telling me that it was coming to GIT ME!!!!!!!! Things seem much brighter. Did this happen to you guys, too when you got glasses? And noone better write back and say, "No, freaky weird Jo, just you."

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy you finally got glasses. And feareth not, men do make passes at ladies who wear glasses!

I do remember the adaptation phase took me two days when I got my glasses. Then the world seemed normal and not like the movie Jacob's Ladder (1990).

:)

Missy said...

Ben needs glasses so bad. So bad that I tell him just run up to Rite Aid and try on some till you find the ones that work!

rebecca said...

I just have reading glasses and it did take me a little while to get used to them. They look beautiful on you!

Anonymous said...

The glasses look great on you!

Jenny

Amelia said...

Love the glasses- I usually have an adjustment period because the smaller frames are in my line of vision and I have to learn to adjust where I can and can't see on the "outer edges"

Anonymous said...

I have to go through the adjustment period every time I get a new prescription. Although, I’ve never had a sign chase me!

Heather wears reading glasses now and I find it rather sexy – so don’t worry about your look. She also took some time to get used to them. Um…still no moving inanimate objects though.

s

Anonymous said...

I love your glasses! Although, adjusting to glasses was way to long ago to mention, I do remember feeling as though things were moving toward me. The problem with adjusting is that then you can't funtion without them. They look great!

Anonymous said...

Always preview comments before you publish them! Funtion=function

Joann said...

Thanks guys. :)