Sunday, June 1, 2008

The hamster whisperer

It is a true assertion that Tara's hamster's feet have not touched the ground of its cage today. Tara has held it all day. She carries it around with a truly astounding amount of confidence and ease. Every once in awhile she tries to hand Goldie off to me so she can wash her hands or something. I count the seconds as I awkwardly hold this critter for Tara. I keep warning Tara that Goldie might nip at her. Apparently it's just the opposite; this hamster worships the lap it sits on. Tara's lap was the location of several naps today.

We also have very spoiled hamsters that have even more piping added to their home and a new exercise wheel in the form of a carriage. Jay and the girls got this new addition while I was visiting Debi yesterday.

Now I have to make Tara give her hamster rest breaks. Before long, she sneaks back to the cage and gets her out. I'm going to have to frisk Tara tomorrow to make sure she doesn't try and take her hamster to school.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is amazing how carefree Tara is with that hamster. It's like they were meant to go together forever. Like Linus and blanket.