Monday, July 7, 2008

Found!

The baby hamster is found and back in the cage drinking and eating heartily. She was found downstairs and hid behind the piano but came out when we put food out and I grabbed her. I can't believe she lived four days w/o food and water. Tara said she prayed very hard that Shadow would be found and her prayers were answered.

This is my last week of summer classes and it's crazy busy around here. The girls are in vacation Bible school. They came home tonight with their faces painted like tigers. I don't know why.

I have to do a creative project to summarize what I learned in one of my classes. I'll present it on Thursday. I decided to do a video with Jay and the girls. It is a bit campy but it'll have to do. It starts with me pretending to talk to Jay in the Bahamas and then you see Jay with zinc oxide, really toothpaste, on his nose, a hat with a fan built in and a massive water bottle. The backdrop was the tv hooked up to the computer showing a beach scene. I messed up the taping because it was so dark and you can see the outline of the tv the whole time. There was a point to all that, I think. Then I asked the tired and cranky kids intellectual questions on the video, after they came home from VBS. They humored me. They're used to my shinanigans for school. Then Jay put a close-up of my face as I tried to sound smart. My head looked incredibly, disturbingly, alarmingly round. But that's what I'm presenting. I am past being vain or a perfectionist. I just want to get out of school.

Oh how I will be relieved on Thursday night when these classes are done.

4 comments:

rebecca said...

summer classes are the pits! i'm glad you are seeing a light at the end of the tunnel!

Amelia said...

Just think next summer will be filled with thick non-thinking fiction books, lemonade, and a lawn chair out back... ahhh the good life.. hang in there.

How is the job search going?

Missy said...

Oh thank goodness she was found! Very creative project!

Anonymous said...

re: 'I just want to get out of school.'

Oh man, that is probably more true now than ever!! ;)