Balance is hard to achieve for me. I and so many of my friends and family have lots of hats to wear and balls to juggle, as the idioms go. My new job is taxing and the learning curve is high. Any new job is the same. And the house and kids don't suddenly stop needing attention because I am busier than before. And my college class is demanding respect and its proper place on the hierarchy of my responsibilities. I want to be a good wife, friend, daughter, relative, mother and teacher and student. I have found that I tend to dwell on one aspect and the others suffer. Lately, I have to tell myself not to think about work when not at work. Otherwise, I'm always kind of there. I want to kick back and watch a show, but then feel guilty because the girls aren't being attended to at that moment. I guess we all feel this way. I just wish I did it better.
On a lighter note, I am not in this alone and that makes all the difference.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
No worries- I am sure you are doing great!
Yes...I agree with Missy. Just the fact that you are so aware of it seems like a really good sign.
nope, you are not alone and I am sure you are doing fine. New job, school starting, etc. it is a little overwhelming right now. Hang in there!
I don't look at life as a balancing act but rather times where we have our nose-to-the-grindstone and then other times where we feast. But that's okay. Because all of your feasts lie ahead of you in your life!! :)
Post a Comment