Yesterday I spent my day off dealing with college complications. Apparently, they lost my prospectus and other documents essential for graduation. Jay and I tore the house upside down finding copies. I learned an important lesson; always have copies. Do not trust that things are running smoothly. Find out. I went there and waited for the lady to finally return late from her lunch. I wanted to put the documents directly in her hands. Then I was told to go to another office for more documents. That office told me to go to the one I had just come from. It's enough to make a person a bit jaded.
Today, I had to take another Praxis, this time for a reading endorsement.
Jay told me to blog about it because he thought my story was funny....
The room held about 40 people. I was assigned a seat at the back of the room right by the air conditioner. It was making quite a noise. It was a constant grmmmmhmmmm sound. The proctors were very stern and began reading the instructions. The only problem was they were speaking softly and I was by an industrial sized machine just a hummin away in my ear at the same time.
So this is what I heard.
GRMMMMMHMMMMM .... "listen carefully"..... GRMMMMMMMHMMMMMMMMM ..."place these numbers"...GRMMMMHMMMMMM .... "354t"...GRMMMMMHMMMMMMMMM.... "important".... GRMMMHMMMMMM... "questions"... GRMMMMMHMMMM ..
I asked the lady as she was handing me my test if she could speak up a bit. She looked at me sternly as if to say "Are we going to have a problem with you?" and said, "Do you need to be re-seated?" I said no thank you. I think by reading her lips and process of elimination, I got the gist of what I needed. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
hey! this is a test...
oh my- So glad you're comin over on Monday!
Hey, did we ever get an apology from that un-named university??! I think not!!!!
Post a Comment