Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tara

It's been a long time since I posted- so long that I had to sign back in!

I haven't had any inspiration to write lately. But I thought I'd share my afternoon with Tara. She's been a bit under the weather but otherwise herself.

First we had a bit of a rough time studying for her social studies test (or soakeyal study, as Tara pronounces it). The topic was urban, suburb, and rural communities. I have found that these are not easy words to learn.

Then Tara decided she was hungry. So being the gourmet chef that I am, I went straight for the freezer to offer her the choice of mac and cheese or lasagna. "I want whatever you want," she said. I asked her if she wanted a fork or a spoon.
"I want whatever you want." The same went for the drink, which was a diet soda. We sat and ate together.

I have a migraine today. So before going out with Jay and Emily to open swimming she told me... "Now Mommy, I want you to watch a couple of shows and then I want you to go straight to bed after you finish your homework. You need your rest." I nodded obediently. Inside I just smiled.

4 comments:

Missy said...

aw- cute- I love those special times!

rebecca said...

this is so sweet. thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

She loves you so much!!!!

Jenny

Anonymous said...

I say it is good practice for when we are old and our kids need to feed us and take care of us.

And by "old", I mean starting next year.