




I did it!!! I finally graduated. I had a heck of a time last night figuring out how to wear the hood over the gown. Then when I got to the ceremony and we were all waiting to line up, I ended up helping two other graduates with their hood.
The day went smoothly. Although, they gave us this card to give to the announcer with our name spelled phonetically. Well, when I got up to the announcer, she asked me my name. So I told her Joann Marie C. Well guess what? She called me Joann RAY C. Nice. Oh well. She messed some other names up, too so I was in good company. :)
My family came and I spotted them in the crowd rather quickly. My mom and dad had very close seats since my mom is in a wheelchair and couldn't be in the stands.
My goodness I feel relieved and happy that my seemingly never ending studying is over!!!!
We all went out to eat afterwards and had fun. I got wonderful graduation gifts of beautiful jewelry from my dad and aunt and uncle.
Here are a couple of the pictures of one of the best days of my life.


6 comments:
WOO HOO for you! Congrats! My Alma Mater has a tradition where the graduates gather before the ceremony and they can ask a favorite professor to "hood" them. It is a nice complement to the person who influenced you the most. I had no idea it was there was a method to doing it!
Amy,
That sounds like a nice tradition having the professor "hood" you. I could have used the help! The thing is, is that the hood is folded in a weird way and has to be worn a certain way.
I hope you are healing up after your delivery. I'm thinking of you!
Congrats, Joanne!! We are all proud of you.
Jenny
Thanks Jenny!
YAY!!!!! Congrats!
You were very nice to omit how on that day I gave half the family wrong directions. Note to self - north means up on the map, south means down.
Post a Comment