Ok so I am not a very observant person sometimes or worried about fashion but even I have to draw the line somewhere.
Jay and I went to Kent State today. He and I both had separate business to do there. We walked into a building together so I could turn in some paperwork. We both were joking around, which we do all the time. We saw the person we needed and Jay seemed really ready to leave. I looked at him puzzled. He pointed to his shoes, which until now I hadn't noticed.
Let me describe these shoes. I can't even do them justice. They are worse than your nastiest, old grimy slippers you wear only at home. He calls them his, "walking Millie shoes" . Now about a month ago our dog Millie got these shoes and ripped a gaping hole in the side. The shoes were gnarled beyond belief. They were already old and nasty, which is probably why Millie went after them with such tenacity. They are covered in mud and strangely one shoe is a slightly different color than the other one.
I burst into laughter when I finally notice his shoes, if you can even call them shoes. The person taking my paperwork was right across the hall and probably thought we were crazy. Jay said, "I look like I just crawled out of the woods. I might as well have smeared bear-poop on my face." This made me laugh even harder.
Jay has a test and job interview at Kent on Monday. I suggested he wear these "shoes" on Monday. Actually, when he goes to sleep tonight, his shoes might need to have a little accident and end up in the trash...It's for his own good. He will thank me someday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
hee hee hee. Time for some new ones!
I don't know if he'll thank you for it, but perhaps it would be best for you to arrange for the accidental disposal of the shoes. Especially since he apparently doesn't have a firm grasp on the appropriate times to wear these "shoes":)
So funny Tara! "firm grasp" ha ha ha
Hi Ben!
Jay says, "A lot is going on in many directions. So just stay tuned. P.S. We must find a way to get together sometime."
Can we please.....that'd be fun!
Definitely Missy and Ben. We need to catch up and hang out!
Post a Comment