Monday, October 8, 2007

Costumes abound!


Last night Jay measured my arm with paper and glued hay to it and it's on the table drying. That's love. I bought a straw hat at Good Will yesterday. The kids laugh at me when I wear it. I guess that's the point. I have straw for my shoes, too. I'm ready to be a scarecrow for my college class.
Then the girls and I looked at Good Will, Target and Walmart for Halloween costumes. Em wanted to be a witch or maybe if she had to a cat. I saw the most adorable hand made M&M's costumes. I pushed those real hard. They were a "no go" with the kids. So Tara found a princess dress and we bought the Tiara and wand and jewelry that has already broken. Emily held out for the witch and we compromised and she is now a good witch, thanks to Missy and S. Thanks so much for giving me advice. Emily looks like a princess with a pointy hat and streamers. I can totally live with that.

Then last night I remembered that their Brownies starts tonight and I hadn't ironed on/stiched the vests up yet! So this morning I was very busy doing that. I think I am more excited about them starting scouts than they are. I just remember it was so much fun and such a good learning experience about team work etc.. much like a sport.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, what an eventful week. Productive, but ummmm I don't think I'd ever wanna do that week over again. :[
;)

Rattus Peregrinus said...

That's cute.

Ellie's going to be a princess to. She tried her dress on as soon as she got home and of course had to twirl in it.

What is it about girls and twirling? Gosh it's cute though.

Joann said...

I can totally relate to the twirling and endless trying on of their costumes. It's a girl thing. Trying on clothes and dressing up just doesn't get old. :)

Go princess Ellie!

Rattus Peregrinus said...

She came down from bed last night in her pajamas and her tiara - struck a cute pose and announced - "I'm a princess!"

And of course I said what any dad would - "Yes you are!"

God help the boy who doesn't treat my princess right!!!


Hmmm - is that being overprotective?

Joann said...

"Hmmm - is that being overprotective?"

Awwhhh, that's just being a good dad.