My classes are like the proverbial squeaky wheel. One starts squealing (assignment is due) and the others get mildly neglected. Then the other classes get jealous of all the attention one is getting and they give a test or project. This is fine until all the the classes start "squeaking" at once. Right now they are all squeaking.
Now the building itself is attacking me. I got stuck in the elevator tonight. There was a power outage and guess who was alone in the elevator? Me.
I found myself getting that panicky feeling of, how long will this last, will they know I'm in here? I started pushing the buttons and then the elevator lurched and stopped. The only thing keeping me from freaking was that I had my cell phone with me and the optimism that this wasn't really happening. But it was happening. Finally after probably 3 minutes that seemed like 20 the elevator moved again and stopped at the second floor dinged and still didn't open. I was losing a bit of my optimism. Finally, the doors opened as the elevator crawled to the third floor and I got out went,straight to the bathroom and stood in stunned silence until I could have a semblance of composure. Well, at least I didn't start screaming. ha ha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
that is very very scary. I'm so glad you're ok!
Joanne,
I'm glad you are out! That must of been freaky scary.
Jenny
fave line: "Now the building is attacking me"
Post a Comment