So there's this guy in one of my classes that just rubs everyone the wrong way. The guy shoots himself in the foot whenever he opens his mouth. He likes to use the 50 cent words, talks down to everyone, displays unbelievable cynicism and overall just makes people mad. Guess whose group he's in for our last project? You guessed right.
The thing is that when you talk to him one on one, he's not so bad, even kind of funny. But then he falls into being a well, not so fun person. I hate to see anyone despised. It's like junior high.
When we all broke into groups one night, everyone shunned him. They actually turned their desks away from him. He ended up in our group. One day he came to school with painted toe nails. How did I know? He also wasn't wearing shoes. Oh and he lumps all Christians together as right wing nuts. Yeah, he's a peach...yikes. Next week is our presentation. Let's hope he doesn't tick off the prof in the middle of it all. I'm trying to understand him but, boy he's not making it easy...But I have to remember that we're all odd ducks in our own way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I get really nervous when I see a lot of group work listed on a syllabus. Good luck with your presentation!
You *so* know that profs love to give groupwork and then set up presentations.
Then every class is either "today I won't lecture much since you need to meet with your group" or "today I won't lecture much since you will be giving your presentations".
I'm onto their schemes. Only took me a decade or so to figure that one out.
Post a Comment