Thursday, November 8, 2007

Oh boy, it's Thursday and I haven't written in a while.

Emily takes her showers all by herself. But, and it's a big but, she must use a half of a bottle of shampoo each time, leaves all the bottles everywhere and a little lake on the floor of the bathroom. Seven thousand reminders later, still water, shampoo AND towels on the floor. My reminding her is actually causing her to get worse! But she's being more independent and I'm grateful- I think. :)

Sometimes she comes in the house and drops her coat as she is walking. EMILY, where does your coat go????? This rolling of the eyes attitude with legs moans and reluctantly picks up the coat. God help us when she's a teenager.

Tara's not worried about anything about camp except that the other girls might see that she still sucks her thumb. She has a plan. She will go under her sleeping bag and suck her thumb. When I suggested that maybe she should stop because it might mess up her teeth, she looks at me like I am asking her to cut off her leg. Oh well, baby steps....

5 comments:

Rattus Peregrinus said...

Ah, eye rolling – they grow so fast.

Will there ever be a day that the kids will NOT make messes everywhere they go?

How did Ma & Pa Engles do it in their little house on the prairie?

It’s nice to see Tara is working on creative problem solving with the thumb sucking.

Does Tara do the ear rub while sucking her thumb? That’s Ellie’s favorite combo. Liam on the other hand is stuck on binkies – one in mouth, one in hand.

We’re such curious creatures.

Joann said...

I bet the little house on the prairie wasn't as tidy as on tv. I'm just sayin...
Two binkies at a time. Clever boy; that way there's always a spare!

Rattus Peregrinus said...

The Engles had a whole lot less to keep tidy too.

And don't think I haven't considered throwing a lot of stuff away around here.

Anonymous said...

LOL Mr. Rat - No, we haven't had any incidence of the ear-rub combo nor of the double-fisted-binkie'ing!

Back to the original post - the amazing thing about when Emily uses a half-bottle of shampoo, she often still manages to come out with barely-clean hair. :)

Anonymous said...

Joanne,

I feel your pain---we have a 12 year old boy version of Emily! I asked him to put my purse in my car. Well, we looked everywhere and it was in the basement near the Play Station. I guess Play Station and basement remind him of a CAR!!!!!!

Jenny