Me - Hey, do you two want to practice this?
Them - Nope.
Then we got in there and I said that we were going to sit behind a table and pretend to be an infomercial.... We went first..... The first thing my partner did was to jump up and run wildly around the room shouting. " Who wants to make a million dollars!!!!!?" So much for the understated infomercial behind the desk.
Then I got up and sounded as excited as I could but came off SO BAD. Then I forgot my train of thought in mid sentence. I totally tanked. But you know what? I don't mind too much because it's done! I never have to work with those particular people again as long as I live.

6 comments:
I deeply and truly feel for you!
Don’t ya love public speaking?
Once, I was shaking so bad that when I went to take a drink of water I spilled down the side of the podium. After that, every time I went to take a drink, an old lady in the front row would loudly declare “there he goes again!”
I also had difficulty with pronunciation, on account of my tongue swelling to 3x’s it’s normal size, so I would regularly have another old lady say “WHAT?...WHAT’S HE SAYING?” And if I didn’t get it together quick enough, she’d change it to: “I CAN’T UNDERSTAND A &%^$@$# WORD HE’S SAYING.”
My first time leading worship I was so nervous I had us done in 45 minutes – we practically ran out of the sanctuary.
Then there was the time I mispronounced a man’s name wrong – at his funeral.
Or the time I was on call at the hospital and a nurse paged to say a man had died. When I asked the family about “him” I was given a roomful of cold hard looks and told that “he was a SHE!” I vividly recall seeing myself as an airplane going down in flames.
As you said…at least it’s over.
Until the next time!
Ahh you totally made me feel better! I like the lady who couldn't hear you. That made me laugh out loud.
The common experience we all share - we all mess up sometimes.
Unfortunatly, some of us mess up more than others.
As I read over what I wrote, it made me wonder if I'm making the right vocational choice?
Ah well, I suppose there's something to picking yourself up after you fall down and keeping on.
Rat, I have never believed someone should be a pastor as much as you should. You are totally in the right profession.
Thank you!
It's a big help to hear that from someone I respect.
Hahaha, I remember what happened the next week - your feedback said YOU'RE A NATURAL SPEAKER! So now you just have to believe it, hee!
Post a Comment