The girls and Jay just got home from a birthday party held at a skating rink. Jay taught the girls to skate. Tara and Emily were hugging the wall for dear life until right at the end. Jay took these pictures. :)
I’m an awful skater. One time I lost control, went careening across the rink arms flailing leaving a swath of destruction in my wake. I managed to hit a wall and stay standing, but looking behind I saw thirteen people on the floor. It was terribly nice of those folks to lend their assistance – don’t you think?
It’s always fun to see pictures of the girls. One of the best things about having kids is how they have energized my own sense of wonder!
Good luck with your cook book. I’m interested to hear your results. I’m more than a little suspicious of putting vegetables in my junk food.
I really wanted to get up to visit, but we’ve been stymied by reality. Sometimes the real world is SO annoying.
Ah well, I hope you’re having a wonderful, relaxing, and refreshing break from school!
Your skating fiasco sounds so awful! Those poor thirteen other people probably still remember you!
Once my dad was skating and was on the end of a line. They whipped him so hard around that he fell out the back door one story down onto the rocky ground. He came back in, skates still on, and they tried to charge him admission again!!!! How's that for insult to injury?!
I hope you have a break now, too. How long until you finish?
Technically I’m on break, but I’m studying Greek for the final 3 week intensive in J-Term.
I have 3 more years to go before I’m done.
Unfortunately, most of the classes that transferred from LPTS in Louisville were only given credit as electives. I need 9 elective hours at TLS in Columbus and I transferred 32!
If I’d gone back to a Presbyterian seminary I would have only 1 year left.
That roller rink was fun. What's nice is, the girls can visit there fifty years from now and my hunch is it will look exactly the same. After all, I think I saw a 'Vote for Hoover' sticker on the ground.
5 comments:
What fun!
I’m an awful skater. One time I lost control, went careening across the rink arms flailing leaving a swath of destruction in my wake. I managed to hit a wall and stay standing, but looking behind I saw thirteen people on the floor. It was terribly nice of those folks to lend their assistance – don’t you think?
It’s always fun to see pictures of the girls. One of the best things about having kids is how they have energized my own sense of wonder!
Good luck with your cook book. I’m interested to hear your results. I’m more than a little suspicious of putting vegetables in my junk food.
I really wanted to get up to visit, but we’ve been stymied by reality. Sometimes the real world is SO annoying.
Ah well, I hope you’re having a wonderful, relaxing, and refreshing break from school!
Your skating fiasco sounds so awful! Those poor thirteen other people probably still remember you!
Once my dad was skating and was on the end of a line. They whipped him so hard around that he fell out the back door one story down onto the rocky ground. He came back in, skates still on, and they tried to charge him admission again!!!! How's that for insult to injury?!
I hope you have a break now, too. How long until you finish?
Happy New Year!
Technically I’m on break, but I’m studying Greek for the final 3 week intensive in J-Term.
I have 3 more years to go before I’m done.
Unfortunately, most of the classes that transferred from LPTS in Louisville were only given credit as electives. I need 9 elective hours at TLS in Columbus and I transferred 32!
If I’d gone back to a Presbyterian seminary I would have only 1 year left.
Always good to hear from DA RAT!!!!
That roller rink was fun. What's nice is, the girls can visit there fifty years from now and my hunch is it will look exactly the same. After all, I think I saw a 'Vote for Hoover' sticker on the ground.
Post a Comment