Burnin' rubber
Fair food is a must.
Where I worked as a teenybopper.We went to the Randolph Fair today. I grew up in Randolph off and on and went to the fair every year. Often I went with Debi and we ran from ride to ride all night. Times were different and kids could run free without supervision. Those are some great memories! Today was hot- very hot. The girls rode some rides and a horse.
We also looked at animals. I told the girls how I showed my rabbit at the fair when I was around Em's age. Hooper, my bunny, bit me right in front of the judge. I got a "thanks for coming" ribbon. Emily found this very funny. I still have the ribbon. :)
I also worked at the fair in my junior year of high school. I made gyros, waited on customers and chopped buckets and buckets of onions. It's still there every year and I took a picture of it.
Ahhh. The fair rocks- even when it's hot.


3 comments:
Why do I stupidly eat or drink nothing all day prior to going to these fairs? I got there and was suddenly more famished and parched than any other moment in life. I remember when I turned and saw the inviting LEMONADE stand, only to see a $6 price tag for it. Haha, but it was rewarding for the kids. They'd better not forget it. We must remind them of today. Daily. Forever. :)
Fun! I want to take Maya to a fair. Right now she is scared to ride the merrry go round. Oh well, at least we'd enjoy an elephant ear!
We're going tomorrow to the same fair! Can't wait.
Jenny
Post a Comment