
Tara: Mom do you want a pet?
What?
Tara: A pet, what kind do you want?
Oh, I don't want a pet.
Tara: What kind of pet do you want? I have a pet store and you want a pet.
I see... how about a cat?
Tara: We don't have that.
OK how about a dog?
Tara: We don't have that.
A bird?
Tara: No.
Gerbil?
Tara: What's that?
How about a fish?
Tara: OK, I'll go and get your fish. Do you want one or more than one fish?
One.
Tara turns slowly around and says, "You want more than one, great!"
She then brings me a play fish tank. Talk about steering the answers. Tara needs to go work for the FBI interrogation division. She'd be perfect at getting just the information she wants. I'm not sure what just happened but now I have fish. :)

2 comments:
Ah yes, the classic ruminations of our children.
You know, pre-kids I used to have the energy to ponder and compare the writings of Nietzsche, Descartes, Hume and Socrates.
Now I have just enough energy to keep up with the kids, get them to bed and then I collapse.
It's better now though. :) :)
this post made me laugh out loud.hee hee hee
Post a Comment