The first day came and went. The girls like their teachers. Tara practically worships her teacher because she gave them a popsicle and an extra recess yesterday. I guess it doesn't take much to buy the love of a class of first graders! There were the obligatory packets and packets of forms to be filled out for each kid. And assignment books needed to be signed for two kids now. I was almost late to my own classes because I wanted to see them after school.
Excited for the first day of first grade.
Emily looking a bit sleepy. All summer Emily had been telling Tara that she may or may not be her seat partner on the bus. The bus driver's rule is that you can sit wherever you want on the first day, but that's then your assigned seat for the year. Well, Em got on the bus yesterday and sat right down with her sister. All that drama for nothing.
Walking To The Bus
Tara came home with a huge name tag in the shape of a bus pinned to her shirt. Subtle it was not. :) But again, first graders don't always know when they look silly. I guess the school didn't want to lose track of any of them on the first day. Parents tend to frown on that. :)
3 comments:
hee hee hee- so true. They are looking cute all dolled up for school. Maya starts preschool in two weeks!
Go Maya Go!
Every time the bus drives them off I feel a despondent still quiet in my heart. Maybe it's because I'm planning what booze to drink while they're in school.
Post a Comment