Friday, April 4, 2008

Minutia

Getting wood for the fire at camp
  • Emily has not been sleeping well. She saw a fruit gusher's commercial that scared her. Of all things to scare a person! We have awoken to find her in our room, in the hall, in Tara's room and anywhere there is another person. Even Millie has been sleeping with her. Very carefully Jay and I have monitored and censored what our girls can see. And a flippin commercial does all the damage! Dang it!

  • I am applying to many schools. But I'd really like a position in Akron. Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me!

  • Tara still sleep walks. It is the weirdest thing. I guess when I was little I did the same thing. Even my mom slept walked as an adult. One time she woke up OUTSIDE in her pajamas. I know Tara is sleep walking when she walks in and sits down on my lap and begins to babble. Her eyes are open but there is this vacancy. It's so freaky. I just take her back to bed and tuck her back in. Once, my mom said I got up when I was about five, got dressed, got undressed and went back to bed all while sleeping! Now, if only I could figure out how to exercise while sleeping, I'd be all set!

  • EWWWW- Tara and Emily just called me into Tara's room because she left a sucker on her dresser and it was covered with big black ants. It's times like these that I want to nominate someone else to be in charge to take care of stuff. I hate ants.

6 comments:

Amelia said...

When you figure out that whole exercise while sleeping let me know!

Good luck with the job hunt. Start bugging everyone you know! Got my fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you!

Rattus Peregrinus said...

What an excellent idea!
If you could teach people to exercise and do house work while sleeping you’d make a FORTUNE!

Why Akron schools? Close to home – better pay – they allow you to carry a firearm – ?

Joann said...

I'd like Akron because I have people who are putting a good word in for me at high levels. Also, they are such a big district that they have a lending library for assistive technology and lots of special ed supports like computer based IEPs. They also pay pretty well and I can move around internally to a better position, such as English later on. It's also close to home.
I can't carry a firearm, but I'll bring my rad ninja skills. Hee hee.

Rattus Peregrinus said...

Just kidding about the firearm. That was a reference to a group of college students I read about who have been lobbying to be allowed to care firearms on college campuses - so they can defend themselves in case of a shooter. It's a disturbing and sad commentary on the world we live in.

On to more cheerful stuff. The Akron district sounds good for you. It would be great to have the technical support and the ability to move around within the system and even better to have people putting in a good word for you.

How close to graduating are you?

Anonymous said...

Graduation was supposed to happen in July but because SOME university REFUSES to make some classes available, graduation is now moved to December of this year!

Rattus Peregrinus said...

ARG!

I hate that.

I’m stuck here for at least a year longer than expected for a similar reason.

Ah well, what can we do? We must prostrate ourselves to the Higher Mind.