Yesterday, the girls asked to go outside and play. I gave them the typical list of do's and don'ts. Don't talk to strangers. Don't leave the yard.... A little while later I looked out the window to check on them. No kids. I called. Nothing. It turns out they were on another street in a neighbor girl's yard playing. They must have sprinted over there. Jay went and got them after touring the neigborhood frantically in our van. Emily's excuse for disobeying us? "I wanted to get some fresh air." What, there's no air in our yard? Tara's excuse? "Emily made me do it." Grrr.
Today, we put Millie out on her leash. We gave her the typical list of do's and don'ts. Just kidding. Anyway, Jay went out to get her. No Millie. Not again! Luckily she was close by. Her chain broke. Sheesh. That's it. Nobody plays outside until they're 20.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
oh no - that sounds scary. I know there is at least one story of Adam and I wandering off as kids. I chuckled when you added the Millie part.
Haha, I liked that Millie part too. I think the kids and the dog need new chains. :)
Hey Rebecca - I think your story also involves a car and a hill?! :) :)
That would be terrifying. There is nothing scarier than losing your kids.
Even before I had kids of my own I remember getting bothered by the subplot of the main character’s son being kidnapped and never found in the movie the Minority Report.
That’s it! I HAVE to win the lottery so I can follow my kids EVERYWHERE they go for the REST of their lives!
Oy! You mean kids grow up to have minds of their own?! They're not just mindless automatons which obey every command given by their parents? Crap! Where's the manual that came with ours....
Ahh for the "good old days" when we could go where we wanted and only had to be home when the street lights came on. We were all over the neighborhood. Hope the girls (all three) got a good lecture and grounded from going outside the next time the asked.
oooh that is scary!
Joanne,
I love to read your blogs. You are a great writer and always have a hilarious insight on everything.
Jenny
Thanks Jenny. That's so sweet. :)
Post a Comment