Friday, May 2, 2008

Fridays rock.

It was a truly beautiful day. The sky was gray but I don't care about that. Last night I got some grades back on projects and I did well. What a relief. Now it's on to one week of finals.

I got a new book. It was a splurge for me. I don't usually buy things new. I am thoroughly enjoying it. It's a silly book Celebrity Detox by R. O'Donnel. But I like her and think she's interesting.

I watched tv. Always fun for me. Saw Jay, always fun.

Subway for dinner. No cooking, no clean up. Millie is sucking up to me, right now. She wants some of my sandwich, and she knows I'll give her some.

It's Friday so there is no pressure to get homework done with the girls. They can just play. We can dance and hang out. Tara can give me bear hugs. I love those. Emily can make lists of things. She loves to make lists. Lists of her toys, of presidents of her friends.....

Sometimes the smallest pleasures are what we remember.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was good seeing you too! Bye!
*runs out door in mad dash*

Rattus Peregrinus said...

Ah…BLISS!

I’m convinced that those brief little moments are what make life worthwhile.

I’m glad to hear that all the hard work you’ve put in is paying off and that there’s only one week left. YEAH!