Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Goofy sister conversations

It's crunch time. Finals.

Aside from that, I have been trying to look for work and take care of hearth and home.

The girls just finished eating dinner. I made them mac and cheese and tuna sandwiches. I then walked around cleaning and straightening and the girls quickly forgot I was there and started chatting about their school and teachers and getting in trouble. I listened without looking like I was listening. They are so cute. They talked about when kids got in trouble on the playground, in art, wherever. Their conversations are so cute and so innocent. They talked about how one teacher is the best because she gives popsicles to them. They talked about chipmunks and webkinz and how a kid wrote hambooger instead of burger on a paper. Fits of laughter....

Tara told me recently that she couldn't imagine a day without her sister. It melted my heart. Sometimes they fight like they are bitter enemies but mostly they get along just fine. It's fun to see their relationship develop right before my eyes and prying ears. :)

2 comments:

Rattus Peregrinus said...

That is SO cute!

It is fun to watch the kids interact (when they're getting along).

I wish I'd had that as a kid.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, what is this getting along with your sibling thing? It is new to me too. When I was a kid, my sister was either teasing me mercilessly, or simply out of the house!