Wednesday, May 2, 2007

making a swing set

The tongue is necessary for balance. :)

The frame going up.

I am supervising and taking my own picture.

Finally it is finished! Neighbor Paul trys out new swing with girls.

Just some of what was on the roof!

King of the mountain.

Jay made a swing set for the girls from the ground up today. He had cut boards and painted them, and today put it all together. He and I were outside ALL DAY doing this. It was more work than you'd think at first glance. There were chains and screws and boards and sawing.... Mostly I just supervised. :) I was instrumental in cheerleading and tea fetching. I even held up a side for about a minute. I am exhausted. ha ha.


The kids came home as we were still working on it. They played with the neighbor boys for a couple of hours. At one point they all had water balloons. It's fun to be a kid in nice weather like this. Then they tried out the new swing. There were minor adjustments.


I took a quick trip to Taco Bell, did homework with both girls, cleaned up dirty faces and hands, cleaned up the yard...

Jay also got on the roof and got down an ENORMOUS amount of sticks and dirt that had accumulated over the year. Our roof is flat so everything just stays up there.


After I post this, there will be baths and bedtime stuff for Em and Tara and a back rub for my hard working Jay.


It was a happy and productive day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, those pics are nice but they don't do justice to the level of work involved. Prior to that day those beams needed to sanded, primed, and then painted with two coats. Of course, I picked that light beige color to match the house - which makes it just look like BEAMS OF UNFINISHED WOOD. Oh well. :)

Missy said...

Fantastic!!!! Good Job Jay!

Anonymous said...

Hi Joann!
I am so glad you found my blog now I can find yours :)
Love all the pictures of the girlies they are getting so big!

Go handyman Jay! Way to clean off the roof! Nothing like having a tree on top of your house. Looks like the new swingswet will be getting lots of use this summer. It takes a lot to supervise and be on tea duty!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words everyone!