We had a great time today with friends. We went all over today. I had forgotten my camera and went into withdrawals. There were so many times when the kids ( four cutie pies ) were doing something adorable or the nature was beautiful and I wanted to capture it. Oh well, it was easier to stay in the moment and not try to stop everyone for a photo op every five seconds like I usually do.
We went down to a farm display sort of thing. It wasn't easy to find. But they had all kinds of animals to pet and we saw adorable baby goats born just this morning! The highlight for the kids and I'll admit it, me too, was a display of grains in baby wading pools. We played in those for quite a while. Then we all piled back in our van and went to Stan Hywet for a display of tree houses. Many of them were rather lame. My friend and Jay would back me up on this one. These tree houses were more artsy than practical fun places for children. Some were even kind of dangerous with high ladders and weird exits. But we got lots of exercise, had lots of fun laughing and dealing with more children than adults. Tara has a powerful crush on one of the children with us. He's her new squeeze du jour.
I've got to go now and take some pictures of odds and ends to get my camera fix for the day! ha ha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Haha, you did pretty well that day considering your GIMPY EYE! Maybe it is for the better you weren't trying to operate a camera. Well, the good part is we got outdoors a lot and had some rather Narnia-like moments. It was better than Lord of the Rings.
We did have some Narnia-moments.
Most of the tree houses may have been utterly lame, but the grounds were beautiful and it was just good to hang out together!
Both my kids were talking about it the next day.
And the next time we get together Jay; I'll bring flashlights and rope just in case a spontaneous adventure appears!
S
Rules RULES Shawn!
I think the Seiberlings did all kinds of hidden and mysterious things deep in those grottoes. Stuff that would make Eyes Wide Shut look like Sesame Street!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAH!
The Seiberlings - gettin FREEKY!
s
Post a Comment