Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Open mouth insert Tara's foot

We met some very nice people from our church a couple of days ago. We went over to their house for a small group Bible study. The kids ran around and played with other kids.

Later, we got in the car and were halfway home when Tara said that she had taken the host aside in her kitchen and said, " I don't mean to be rude but my house is bigger than yours."

Jay and I cringed. A wave of horror and embarrassment came over us and I said, "Tara, you can't say that to people!" She looked puzzled and said, "But I said that I don't mean to be rude first!" Teaching manners to a five-year-old is an uphill battle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mah goodness. I still don't know what prompted Tara to say that! We are like the anti-snobs; now these church friends may think we're all uppity. Perhaps I will resolve any illusion of pretense by attending the next meeting wearing a coonskin cap and my walking-Millie shoes. :)