Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Millie was lost for a second.

Blogging for anxiety reduction...

I went outside to get Millie off of her leash and she wasn't there. I thought at first that Jay must have taken her to the store with him. Then I found the clip from her leash. I called and called and nothing.

I'm still shaking- and I'm not kidding. The thought of her going missing is really awful to me.

Then I opened the window in Tara's room and from the corner of my eye, way down the street I see a flash of white. I was happy and scared all at the same time. Would she come to me from that far away and is that, in fact Millie? Jay had not taken her to the store after all and she was roaming free.

I called her, or maybe screamed her name (sorry neighbors) and she started running home. I bolted out the door and ran around the house as she came up the walk. She looked like she had been having a grand ole time up on K. road- a very busy road right by the highway.

I am giving God the glory for this one. I would not have spotted her, I don't think, without some divine intervention.

Gotta go and shore up her leash and pet her and be thankful that I still have my precious dog.

4 comments:

Missy said...

oh my goodness! So glad you got her back.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. Chase has gotten away before and it's upsetting. They're part of the family!
s

rebecca said...

that is scary. i'm glad you found her!

Anonymous said...

We replaced the collar and she slipped out again! That little Houdini. I love her, but for a moment I thought about one of them nasty zap-a-dog invisible fences! But then I looked at her cute little picture with that cute little wet nose and apologized to her for my momentarily violent thought.